Friday, June 24, 2011

A little backstory: early 1830s via the movies

Friday, June 24, 2011
Loretta reports:

Inspiration and images can come from anywhere.  When I began working on Silk is for Seduction, I watched several movies set in the time period.  Movie can't be relied on for accuracy, but if one's already done some research, it's possible to use the images for a sense of place or for costume.  This particular French film has nothing to do with my book, but it helped me develop a vivid image of the world my heroine fled.

3 comments:

Jane O said...

I didn't know there was a movie. I will have to find it. I loved the book.

MJ said...

Does Juliette Binoche EVER age? Thanks for the film clip

Louise Partain said...

She is beautiful to the bone, MJ, so I don't think she every will.

A film very evocative of an era and place. The flight is amazingly visual right up to the crows in the trees.

Wow, LC, I have to get a copy of your book!

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket