Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday video: Dartmoor in time-lapse

Friday, January 23, 2015
Loretta reports:

Recently I wrote about Dartmoor and the inspiration it provided for Lord of Scoundrels (celebrating its 20th anniversary this month). If you’ve never had the privilege of visiting, this time-lapse video will give you a sense of this very special place.* 



I had originally intended to show you another video, but had trouble loading it.  You can try here.

Image: Lovers Leap, Holne Chase, Dartmoor, England Courtesy Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA

Readers who receive our blog via email might see a rectangle, square, or nothing where the video ought to be.  To watch the video, please click on the title to this post.

4 comments:

Josie said...

Recently discovered this blog and I am in love! I'm ashamed to say I don't I've read any books written by you lovely ladies, but I will remedy that as soon as possible. (Currently in the midst of my winter re-reads of Dickens, Austen, and Gaskell...)

Dartmoor looks beautiful and heavenly. The video above and the linked video are both superbly done. I've now added it to my "Must Visit if I Ever Get to England" list. :)

Amanda said...

Oh, how beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us...Dartmoor always makes me think of Hound of the Baskervilles. Perfect setting for a ghost story! :D

Charles Bazalgette said...

Lovely video. I was born on the edge of Dartmoor and went to school in the area. It will always be special to me.

Lady Wesley said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing this. #LOSlove

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket