Friday, June 20, 2014

Dressmakers in the 19th century—an interview

Friday, June 20, 2014
View at source here
Loretta reports:

With Vixen in Velvet’s big day rapidly approaching, I’ve been rapidly doing interviews.  Today’s interview, at All About Romance, focuses sharply on Nerdy History Girl matters, and what I’ve learned about dressmakers in the 1830s.

Though I offer fashion plates monthly, and will offer them more frequently in coming days to complement my new story, this Q & A goes a bit more behind the scenes.

Many thanks to All About Romance for this wonderful opportunity to take readers a bit more deeply into my work!

The illustration is edited from an August 1831 fashion plate in La Belle Assemblée.

2 comments:

Elinor Aspen said...

Thank you so much for sharing your research. One of the reasons I love your books so much (besides the steamy love stories) is because I can really immerse myself in your setting. I also love browsing through the original sources to which you so generously link.

LorettaChase said...

Elinor, thank you for the wonderful compliment! I'm happy to know my research is paying off in the way I hoped--to give readers a sense of time and place.

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket