Friday, August 11, 2017

Friday Video: The Apostrophiser

Friday, August 11, 2017
Loretta reports:

Try as I might, I couldn’t think of a way to connect today’s video to history, but no matter. “Nerdy,” I think, takes care of the category, although there might be some nerdy people who can pass an incorrectly punctuated sign in a calm and collected manner, perhaps shrugging or shaking their heads sadly.

They are not me. My hands itch to correct. But I do not, merely go on my way, grumbling or ranting, depending on whether I’m alone or in company.

But certain others take a more activist approach.

Here’s one gentleman who decided to make the world a safer place for apostrophes.



Youtube Video: Grammar vigilante - The 'Apostrophiser' Bristol's grammar nazi

Readers who receive our blog via email might see a rectangle, square, or nothing where the video ought to be.  To watch the video, please click on the title to this post.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this gentleman ever wished to take a vacation in the United States, I would welcome him wholeheartedly.

KarenAnne said...

This should be a town-paid position everywhere :-)

Ruth Hodges said...

They are not I. 😜

Loretta Chase said...

Nor me, neither, Ruth. ;-)

Alicia Mae said...

I'd like to second KarenAnne's proposition!

Anonymous said...

Ah ... my kingdom for an apostrophizer.

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket