Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Loretta Chase Goes Public

Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Author luring customers with candy
Loretta reports:

In public is not where I usually hang out. Though I’ve lived here and there in the last year or so, mostly what I’ve been doing here and there is writing.

But Vixen in Velvet, my newest Dressmakers book, will be out in a matter of weeks, and it’s time to come out of hibernation and show the world my face, or at least hold one of my books up in front of it, and invite readers and those I hope will become readers to meet me and/or find out things about me.

The meeting part this time around will happen at Book Expo America in NYC.
As you’ll see when you click on the link, it’s a Very Big Deal, with writer megastars and celebrities in attendance, and of course I’m excited (and a little alarmed—this thing is huge!) about my part in the bookish festivities.  With sister historical romance writer Sarah MacLean, I’ll be signing books, answering questions, and engaging in other authorial activities on Thursday and Friday.

But that's not all.
Via the magic of the Internet, I’ll also be appearing on Trisha Sugarek’s blog, Writer at Play, in a two-part interview on Thursday and Saturday 29 and 31 May (please look for the tabs for the dates).  I hope you’ll find it amusing or enlightening or even both.

For this and other reasons, we’ll be posting some Return Engagements—historical gems you might have missed the first time around—then return to our regularly scheduled blogging next week.  Expect June fashions and Dickens, for starters.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I hope you have a lot of fun at the Expo. Good Luck, too! I'm looking forward to Vixen (BTW: it IS deliberate, isn't it, your naming the dressmaker series heroines after Heyer characters?)

Anonymous said...

I'll be at BEA on Friday. My advice is to wear your most comfortable shoes, and take (and check) a suitcase to cart all your swag back in. It's more manageable than a bunch of tote bags. And I recommend getting a massage, if the spa that's been giving them is there this year.

Elinor Aspen said...

I hope I have the opportunity to meet you at one of these events someday -- either here in the Midwest or on the East Coast when my finances allow more travel. I love your books and am eagerly anticipating Vixen in Velvet (I pre-ordered it last summer).

Julie Smetzer said...

VIXEN is going to be sooooo good. Hope the sales are through the roof, Loretta!!!!

LorettaChase said...

KWillow, I didn't even realize I'd done it until you said so. But Marcelline, too? Where's that from? The writer's mind is a curious place. Shana, I hope to see you. And thanks for the good advice! Elinor, I do get to the Midwest now and again. Thank you for pre-ordering. I hope you love it. Thank you Julie!

QNPoohBear said...

Enjoy! Sarah is very cool. She's my age and grew up in the same state but we never knew each other. Regency Historicals aren't really my thing but I'm a fan of your older books and Sarah's YA novel. I wish I could be there!

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket