Friday, December 7, 2012

Casual Friday: On the Train to Somewhere, 1895

Friday, December 7, 2012
Isabella reporting:

Anyone who has endured a long journey can sympathize with the young Frenchwoman in this beautiful photogravure. With her eyes closed, she dozes against her luggage, unaware of how her hat's been knocked askew. Where is she going, traveling alone? What – and who – has she left behind? Or is she dreaming of the destination and future before her?

Above: En Wagon, by Gui de la Bretoniére, 1895, Exposition d'Art Photographique.
This image is from a wonderful web site, The Art of the Photogravure – well worth exploring!

And now for a bit of Shameless Self-Promotion....
My two-sided writing personality is at again! This Saturday I'll once again be signing my historical romances as Isabella Bradford (including my super-new WHEN THE DUKE FOUND LOVE) and my historical novels as Susan Holloway Scott. If you're in the Philadelphia-Delaware  area this weekend, I hope you'll stop by and say hello.


Booksigning Event with Isabella Bradford/Susan Holloway Scott                                    
Saturday, December 8 • 1:00-3:00 p.m.                                                                                           
Books-A-Million • Exton Square Mall 
Exton, PA 19341 • 610-363-1156

1 comments:

mq, cb said...

I know that this is a little out of your period but have you seen the new interactive map of bomb sites from the London Blitz? I was always certain that a bomb had fallen in my road even though the typical signs weren't there, and now I can see that it's true! Absolutely fascinating.

http://bombsight.org/#15/51.5050/-0.0900

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket