Friday, September 30, 2016

Friday Video: Why Share a Picture of a Meal When You Can Eat It? (18thc Style)

Friday, September 30, 2016

Isabella reporting,

Yes, I have an Instagram account, but no, I don't post pictures of food before I eat it (okay, so there was this one pumpkin pie I made for Thanksgiving - pie pride! - but I swear, that's IT.) Having to wait with food on the table while someone else hovers with their phone, trying to compose the perfect shot of their rapidly-cooling meal to post on IG, Yelp, or a personal foodie blog....no. Just no.

All of which is why I found this advertisement so entertaining. It features that too-familiar, first-world-scenario, but from an 18thc perspective.

Relax, indeed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate IKEA, love the video!

Marti Sterin.

Peggy said...

I love it. Always post pictures and yes, family will pose mid fork as it were. I always say I need to fly them in early for pictures then we eat normally on regular day. Why do I do it? Because my family lives away. Rare occasion do I get them around a table. I also lost my own family as a child, I wish I had one photo of all of us around the table to go with the loving memories. One picture. My younger siblings probably have even dimmer recollection of that loving time. I do usually spend the most amount of time on the empty plate pictures and catch the group shoveling it in with satisfaction. Nothing has a chance to grow cold. But as always, to each his own, Bless the meal however you personally want to do so. Some have tried to commit on the fact that I like candles on the table at all times. Not when it is just the proper time for them Again, screw that, my table, my life, I'm gonna make the memories I want and enjoy them to the best of my ability. AND the food is Good. Not so much for you, as tasting, but again it is a celebration event, not everyday. Love your posts, always, not meant to critic it, just give my own thoughts on the subject posted. Ikea, my European son loves the stuff. I don't have any of it in my home, mine is almost all handmedowns and old stuff.

Anonymous said...

This was great. I'd rather live in the now than worry about documenting it for the future. I see so many people so busy filming and photgraphing things and events instead of experiencing them. They only see life through their phone screen. I want memories, not a video.

Margaret said...

LOL! Love this! And yes, I'm one of those people who posts pics of my food -- at restaurants. No one has to wait for me to finish my picture posting though. :D

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket