Friday, February 7, 2014

Casual Friday: Pride & Prejudice by Thug Notes

Friday, February 7, 2014
View at source here
Loretta reports:

Thanks to Isabella for calling this to my attention. We've seen other short, amusing treatments of Jane Austen's work (here and here are just a couple of examples).  This is a wonderful, brief, funny, accurate summary & analysis, in a language that, like Jane Austen's, may be foreign to some of us, yet understandable for all that.  Of course, the illustrations help.




Readers who receive our blog via email might see a rectangle, square, or nothing where the video ought to be.  To watch the video, please click on the title to this post.

Illustration courtesy Wikipedia.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

bwaahaha Funny, interesting and still dead on,i couldn't help but like it. Thanks for the morning laugh!

GSGreatEscaper said...

Mercy, mercy.

Karen said...

This is hysterical. I like to think Austen would have liked it. Well, maybe not. ;-) Thanks for sharing!

Kathy said...

But... no reflections upon Lady Catherine DeBurg?

KittyinVA said...

That was GREAT! My daughter came running into the room and laughed along with me. I just shared it on tumblr (Kittyinva@tumblr.com), with full credit back to Two Nerdy History Girls. And such timing - I just finished re-reading P&P two nights ago. HOW I love that book. And how I loved this super video! Kathie

Samuel Richardson, Esq said...

'Twas marvelous methought. Maybe people would like to read my own satiric homage to Austen and 18th C.

mrlovelace9.blogspot.com

ms mouth said...

Watched this at work and it was the most fun I have had at my desk in ages. He is right on. Watched a few others-Macbeth and Lolita were equally as well done.

Aylwen said...

Can you share the URL link? It's not showing for me.

LorettaChase said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nm61IoNdHg

Stephen Barker said...

I think Jane Austin would have seen the humour in this. I mean she could be quite satirical herself. I would have liked more on Mr Collins and Lady Catherine.

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket