Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Second Anniversary to Us (plus More About That Hurricane)

Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Susan & Loretta reporting:

Somehow or another, we've managed to reach the second anniversary of the Two Nerdy History Girls, and we can't quite believe it. We began the blog to entertain one another, and with the hope that there might be a few other nerdy-history-folk out there who might like to join us for the ride. To our amazement, there turned out to be a great many of you: we have 582 members through Blogger and 1740 followers on Twitter. Most astonishing of all is that, over the last two years, we've had over 300,000 page views! We're celebrating, yes, but we're raising our glasses to you, too. Many, many thanks for making our success possible, and we hope you'll continue to be part of the party.

As for Hurricane Irene: as Loretta noted on Monday, Irene raged, and Susan's electricity meekly gave in. Here in my corner of Pennsylvania, we were lucky not to have the heartbreaking damage that this storm has caused in other regions, but we did loose a good many large trees that seemed determined to use power lines to break their fall. The tree, right, fell near enough to my house to knock out my neighborhood's electricity over the weekend, and we didn't have our power restored until yesterday morning.

As a result, the TNHG have been silent on Twitter over the last few days, and the Breakfast Links never had a chance.  But we're back tweeting again, and, weather willing, look for a fresh helping of Breakfast Links this Sunday. Whew!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday

Vinery said...

I enjoy reading this blog every day--so much information is presented in such a fun way. I'm looking forward to many, many more posts. Congratulations and thank you!

Evangeline Holland said...

Happy second anniversary! And I'm glad the Nerdy History Girls are safe and well in the wake of Irene. Here's to many more years!

Carey said...

Happy second anniversary! Your blog is one of my favourites. Through this blog I found both of your books and have really enjoyed them as well.

I look forward to many more years of entertaining posts - and books too!

Marti said...

Happy Anniversary! Are either of you coming up for the Vermont Writer's Conference?

Vanessa Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary,ladies! I read your blog every morning with my coffee - love it!

Charles Bazalgette said...

Keep it going! I read it every day. Thanks for all the effort you put into this blog

Janga said...

Happy Anniversary! And thanks for the two years you have informed, entertained, and delighted your readers.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I enjoy your posts. So glad you didn't have more damagee from Irene.

Faye said...

Happy Anniversary to You! I'm new to TNHG, but I've enjoyed every post so far. Thank you!

Beebs said...

Happy anniversary ladies. Love this blog. I read it every day with my morning cup of coffee. Sets me up for the day.

Tom Miller said...

Congratulations! A fantastic blog and wonderful entertaining information!

phastings said...

Happy anniversary Loretta & Susan! Congratulations on a fantastic blog!
Glad you made it through despite "Irene." In my little corner of the world we have been told not to expect power until September 4th. Argh!

Mme.Tresbeau said...

Happy anniversary to two lovely authors, and congratulations on having the most delightful blog to be found anywhere! I hope you never tire of entertaining and amusing us fellow History Nerdy Girls!

Anonymous said...

You guys are a double threat: Love your blog AND love your books! Don't know how you do it but I hope you keep doing both for a long time to come. Congratulations!

nightsmusic said...

My coffee just wasn't the same Sunday morning, but I'm glad to know it was only the electricity and not something much worse.

And Happy, Happy Anniversary! I raise my champagne filled flute to many more. :o)

Anonymous said...

Sorry for all your troubles! Glad you have electricity back!

Chris Woodyard said...

Happy Nerd-day to both of you--I'm glad you came through Irene safely. Long may you delight your fans!

Isabella Bradford/Susan Holloway Scott said...

Many, many thanks to you all - Loretta & I are grateful to have such a great "community" of fellow nerdy history folk. You're the best!

LorettaChase said...

Thank you, everybody. We feel so lucky to have found so many kindred spirits!

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket